Wednesday, April 27, 2005

As I Kneel...(Anticipation)

As I kneel...

I close my eyes. There's nothing to look at but the floor. I will not look up until You tell me that I can. I can feel the carpet on my knees, hear every little sound, my hands folded and facing up in my lap, ready to accept You. My breathing has slowed and I've settled into my place. You have the power to bring me to here and now; make me focus on one thing and that is You.

As I kneel, I wonder what You're going to do to me or make me do. I dare not ask, You'll tell me just what to do and when to do it. I will do it without question or hesitation. Even with so much power over me, I know that You'll let nothing hurt me.

As I kneel, I sense you enter the room and yet I do not move. My breathing quickens with the sudden rush of anticipation. I feel your every movement without seeing. You walk behind me and grab my hair, pulling head back with authority and yet without pain. You gently kiss my forehead and I smile. Even in demanding, You're are still gentle and careful, watching every move, making sure of me.

As I kneel, the blindfold slips over my eyes and I hear everything, feel everything, smell everything. In taking my sight away, You've given so much back. I have no reason to see because I trust You fully. But there are times that I want to look You in Your eyes; You can have more power over me that way than in blindfolding me.

As I kneel, I wait in anticipation knowing that You have all control over me. You will play me like a violin and I will please you just as music pleases the ear. You're talented in this way. Just as You know how to play me, I know how to play you. I know what my Master expects of me and always try and give You more than I give myself. I always seek to please you first. And in this, Your power still reigns and envelopes me.

And sometimes, the anticipation of You is enough. But I always crave more...and will always beg for it...

As I kneel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home