Saturday, May 20, 2006

Huh?

There's a difference between being bratty to get a rough session, and being a pain in the ass and forgetting ones place. This is what happened tonight. llama stepped way out of bounds, and I had no choice but to yank a knot in her ass. Only problem was, my parents were over for dinner when it happened.

No, my parents are not aware of our lifestyle choice. Despite her outburst and my correction of her behavior, they still are not aware of it. Allow me to expound.....

llama talked to me at work yesterday and told me that her power cord for her laptop had melted after she started using her new fan pad I had bought for her computer to keep it cool. She thought it was because of the fan pad was causing heat to direct out the back of the computer and it over-heated her power cord. I disagreed. I tried to explain to her that she can't keep her laptop plugged in 24/7. I have talked to her about it several times in the past. I told her that it was most likely the reason for the 'melt-down'. Tonight, she argued with me, saying she doesn't leave her power cord plugged in all the time. I said she did, and that it was plugged in right now, and she hadn't used her computer since this morning. She said it wasn't plugged in. I reached down behind the recliner and pulled the plug up - it was plugged into the power strip. I told her she was wrong, it was plugged in, had been plugged in all day, and that was what I was talking about.

She got mad and started talking back. I cut her off. I told her she was wrong, and in the process raised my voice to emphasize my point, also commenting on how much it would cost me to replace it for her. She got flustered and stomped out of the room and back into the kitchen to finish making the side dishes for dinner, I was grilling chicken outside.

After a few minutes, I went into the kitchen to talk to her. She was visibly upset and had tears in her eyes. I genuinely felt bad for having lost my temper with her and having yelled at her in front of my parents. I was trying to apologize to her for it. She was still pissed off, gave me attitude and 'that look'. I said forget it, and walked out and sat in the living room with my parents.

My mom said something to me after a few minutes about her not talking to me, and not answering her when she asked if help was needed in the kitchen. I told my mom she was mad at me, and she said I should apologize. I explained that I had tried and that she was being stubborn. Finally, after a little bit, she was over it and talking to me again about the time dinner was ready.

Later on, after dinner was done and my parents had left, we sat down to talk about it. I explained to her why I had gotten mad, that she was out of line, had forgotten her place, and that I was disappointed in her. She was still defiant, and trying to continue the argument. I stopped it short. I reminded her of the facts. Of who and what she is, who and what I am, and what I expect of her despite where we are and who is there.

She admitted she was wrong for how she acted, and agreed that she was out of line. Despite that, she is still clinging to a small sliver of defiance and has chosen to go into the bedroom to watch TV instead of sitting with me in the living room. This too shall be dealt with in due course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home